½ cup butter (1 stick) ⇢ Vegan option: Earth Balance baking stick!
¼ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ cups flour ⇢ Gluten Free option: use GF flour!
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer the minis!)
‣ Preheat oven to 350°F
‣ Beat the butter with both white and brown sugars for 1-2 minutes until creamy (hand mixer or KitchenAid)
‣ Add in flour and baking soda; Mix
‣ Add water, oil, and vanilla; Mix
‣ Fold in the chocolate chips (I used the mixer, it was fine)
‣ Depending on the size of cookie you want, use a spoon to dish out small portions of the mixture, and roll in your palms to make a ball. Space evenly, 3 balls per row for smaller size cookies or 2 balls per row for larger size cookies.
*Option* for aesthetics, push a few chocolate chips into the top of the cookie for a picture-perfect end product!
‣ Bake for 10-14 minutes, depending on the size of cookie you made.
So delish, enjoy!!
Recipe credit: @lauography_li Thanks for sharing Lauren!!